Serving #ThrillsOnTap Each Weekend from 17 August to 8 September
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay announced the return of Bier Fest on International Beer Day (2 August), a food and drink festival event featuring over 40 local and international breweries. Following the success of the first event in 2018, Bier Fest will offer 40 NEW brews to try, NEW pub-inspired fare, and live entertainment.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has been pouring out complimentary beer samples all year as part of the park’s 60th anniversary celebration. Samples will continue to flow at Garden Gate Café in the heart of the festival footpath throughout Bier Fest, each weekend from 17 August through 8 September, including Labor Day. Beer connoisseurs can create the perfect pairing with delicious food favourites and enjoy live music from local acts.
From Florida’s finest craft brews to interesting international delights, park guests can enjoy local favourites and explore new flavours throughout the festival plaza. New to the festival this year, guests can toast to the end of summer with seasonal flavours like pumpkin and fruity ciders, including gluten-free options.
Bier Fest highlights more than 20 Florida-based breweries and over a dozen Tampa Bay favourites, including:
- 3 Daughters Brewing
- Cigar City Brewing
- Crooked Thumb Brewery
- Florida Avenue Brewing Co.
- Orange Blossom Trail Brewing Co.
- Tampa Bay Brewing Co.
All-new culinary creations include tacos, melts, sliders and other hand-held bites:
- Try the reimagined schnitzelwich slider, Busch Gardens’ take on schnitzel served on a pretzel roll with Swiss cheese and sweet and savoury, maple-bacon honey mustard.
- Indulge in the sweet grilled cheesecake melt, served on mouthwatering pound cake with sweet cream filling, grilled and topped with guava sauce at the all-new Melted Munchies cabin.
- Grab a quick bite of sweet potato fries served with marshmallow dipping sauce or a returning favourite, fried pretzel sticks with beer cheese dipping sauce.
- Cool off with all-new floats featuring unique combinations like the Hard Coffee Float - Pabst Blue Ribbon Hard Coffee served over chocolate soft serve ice cream – and a Rosé Float, created with Astoria sparkling rosé moscato over vanilla ice cream.
The best way to enjoy the flavours of the festival is with the purchase of a Bier Fest Sampler Lanyard, starting at $29.99. Samplers allow a choice of any five or ten food or beverage samples throughout the festival.
Bier Fest is included with park admission. Food and beverage is not included with park admission and is available for an additional fee. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.