Busch Gardens Tampa has released brand new details about the latest thrill ride, Cobra’s Curse, coming in 2016. Set to be the only ride of its kind in the world, Cobra’s Curse is a family roller coaster with freely spinning ride vehicles and a 70-foot vertical lift.
Additional facts on Cobra’s Curse:
- A unique move on Cobra’s Curse is the “outward-banked turn” that puts riders perilously close to the jaws of the monstrous, 80-foot-tall statue of the snake king Venymyss.
- Instead of a gradual lift hill, more typical of a traditional coaster, each train is instead lifted vertically, to a height of 70 feet, and the top of the ancient temple.
- During the three-and-a-half-minute ride, the coaster trains speed along at 40 mph, spinning backward, forward and then freely.
- Guests will experience a new spin with each ride. Each train spins randomly, with frequency and direction determined by the rider weight distribution.
- The ride’s setting is a modern day dig site in Egypt, where archeologists have uncovered the legendary temple of the snake king, Venymyss. The ride’s air-conditioned queue line provides a welcome break from the Egyptian heat.
“Busch GardensTampa is Florida’s thrill ride leader,” said Brian Morrow, Busch Gardens’ attraction creative designer. “And, with Cobra’s Curse, we’re expanding the family thrill ride offerings. The multi-directional spins on Cobra’s Curse will provide excitement and fun for guests of all ages.”
The best value ticket for visiting SeaWorld Parks in Florida is the 3-Park SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens Ticket or the Discovery Cove Ultimate Ticket.