This weekend Mako, the tallest, fastest and longest hypercoaster in Orlando made its debut run along the 4,760-foot steal track at SeaWorld Orlando. During its inaugural test ride, Mako plunged 200-feet down from its initial lift hill, surged through nine air-time hills and reached top speeds of 73 mph.
Mako’s tight turns and record breaking speed is inspired by the mako shark. These impressive creatures are known for their top speed, making extreme jumps and the ability to quickly change course as they pursue their prey. Riders will become submerged into the world of the mako shark and feel the power of the predator as they experience the thrill of the hunt starting 10th June 2016.
Mako Quick Facts:
- Opening 10th June 2016, Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in Orlando
- Mako will be a hypercoaster, designed for speed and relentless “air time”
- Orlando’s only hypercoaster lures guests to brave tight turns, stomach steep drops and endure shark-attack speeds
- Riders will soar up to 200 feet high and reach speeds of 73 mph
- Mako will be the centerpiece of the new two-acre shark-themed realm which also includes Shark Encounter, Sharks Underwater Grill, gift shops, and shark- and shipwreck-themed educational experiences
Follow the Mako frenzy using the hashtag #NothingFaster.